Self-guided trails are a free way to explore a botanic garden at your own pace.
- Self-paced with no time limit for schools.
- No cost.
- Booking is still required.
- The teacher making the booking will be sent a Trail Teacher Resource to guide students through the educational trail of their choice.
What trails are on offer?
Adelaide Botanic Garden
- Aboriginal Plant Use
- Aboriginal Science and Sustainability
- Ancient Egypt* / Cleopatra
- Food, Glorious Food!
- Plant Adaptations
- Plant and Seed Conservation*
- Rainforest Experience
- Sensory Trail
- Spice Trail
- Wetland Experience
- Wetland Science**
- Mobile Device Photography**
*Some stops on the trail are set in the Santos Museum of Economic Botany, which is open Wednesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm.
**These STEM Experiences can only be self-guided bookings if schools bring their own equipment and resources.
Mount Lofty and Wittunga Botanic Gardens self-guided trails are coming soon!
For all education program options, schools are required to follow all South Australian Government COVID-19 regulations for gatherings and group sizes, and maintain physical distancing at all times. See Planning Your Visit for more information.
To make a booking, please click here.
For all Education program enquiries, including planning a visit or future bookings, please contact the Education Team at DEWBGSchools@sa.gov.au or call (08) 8222 9343.