We are pleased that we are now able welcome back school groups to the botanic gardens.
The safety and well-being of our visitors, volunteers and staff remains our highest priority and, in preparation to welcoming back school groups, we are implementing new COVID-19 compliant protocols to offer a safe and fun experience for all groups that attend our programs.
- Group sizes of approximately 20 to ensure physical distancing can be adhered to while not impacting on the quality of the learning experience
- Practicing of good hygiene before, during and after sessions
- Adults must continue to maintain physical distance (1.5m) and density (2sqm) requirements
- Attending teachers and supervisors will be required to play an active role in managing these measures
- Students, teachers and supervisors must not attend if they are unwell
For more information and updates on the Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please see LATEST NEWS.
Special COVID-19 options and pricing
We have created a range of flexible options for schools visiting the gardens including smaller groups sizes, which aim to cater for a range of needs, ensure we adhere to the COVID-19 regulations and maintain a quality learning experience for all.
- Unlimited time
- Schools will be provided with a Teacher Resource to be able to guide students through the education trail of choice
- Schools are required to follow all South Australian Government regulations for gatherings and group sizes and maintain physical distancing at all times
- Resources are also currently available for students to explore Adelaide Botanic Garden from the classroom.
Please contact DEWBGSchools@sa.gov.au or call 8222 9343 if you would like to discuss a future booking, or if you would like any assistance in planning a future visit.