- Monday - Friday 8:30am
- Weekends and public holidays 10:00am
- Monday - Friday 4pm
- Weekends and public holidays 5pm
- Weekends during daylight savings 6pm
Location and Map
Shepherds Hill Road, Blackwood SA 5051, Australia
Entrance: Shepherds Hill Road or Sherbourne Road.
Bus & Train: Check Adelaide Metro for bus services to Blackwood and train services to Coromandel Station.
Walk: 5-10 minute walk from Blackwood.
Free parking is available in the car park off Shepherds Hill Road.
Wheelchair and pram-friendly paths, picnic tables and rotundas, as well as disabled facilities, are available at Wittunga.
Botanic gardens are different from public parks in that they're living museums, filled with valuable living collections. For this reason some activities - such as allowing dogs to roam the Garden - have the potential to damage or destroy valuable plants.
Botanic Gardens are also internationally-regarded as places for visitors to seek peace beauty and tranquillity, so activities that impede this (such as the use of drones) are also discouraged. You must not:
- Bring dogs or other pets into the Garden
- Fly drones in or above the Garden (under CASA guidelines. Learn more at our Filming and Photography page)
- Ride bikes / bicycles, scooters, skateboards or rollerblades
- Drive vehicles into the Garden
- Damage or remove plants
- Enter garden beds
- Bring alcohol into the Garden
- Play ball or throwing games
- Bring BBQs into the Garden
The Botanic Gardens of South Australia are home to a huge variety of bird and animal life that are attracted to the Gardens’ flora. We do, however, ask that you do not feed the wildlife. Find out more about animal welfare and the Botanic Gardens of South Australia.