Bring your children along to an awesome school holiday activity from Thursday 9 - Friday 24 January 2020.
Parents are encouraged to book early – spots will sell out!
Aboriginal plant use
Enjoy a fascinating meander through beautiful Adelaide or Wittunga Botanic Garden with Indigenous storyteller and guide, Trent.
Trent will take you to plants that were traditionally used by Aboriginal people to make fire, glue and much more!
Discover how nature and the surroundings would influence where Aboriginal people lived depending on the season, and what that means in the hotter months.
Thursday 9 January: 10.30am | Wittunga Botanic Garden - CANCELLED DUE TO EXTREME HEAT
Monday 13 January and Thursday 23 January: 10.30am | Adelaide Botanic Garden
60 mins | $8.50 | all ages | Book tickets
Fairy and Goblin Gardens
Create your own magical fairy or goblin garden to take home as a living piece of art!
Make a unique miniature garden, including living plants, houses, a path and magical ornaments. This activity will be held on the lush, shady Plane Tree Lawn where inspiration is in abundance!
Tuesday 21 January: 10:30am
Friday 24 January: 10:30am
90 mins | $30 | 6-13 years | Adelaide Botanic Garden | Book tickets
Create cute critter friends to take home! Use curious botanical seeds and pods collected from around the Botanic Garden.
Children and caregivers work together to combine leaves, sticks and googly eyes to bring imagined creatures to life.
Not suitable for children under 6 years due to the use of hot glue.
Thursday 23 January: 1.30pm | Book tickets
Adelaide Botanic Garden | 60 mins | $12.00 | 6-13 years
Little Sprouts Kitchen Garden
Let your children get their hands dirty in the Little Sprouts Kitchen Garden.
Kids will learn all about where our food comes from, plant seeds to take home to grow your own veggies, hold wriggly worms from our worm farm and learn how to compost food and garden waste.
It's the perfect way to learn how growing your own food at home is fun, good for your health and a sustainable way to care for our environment.
Wednesday 22 January: 10:30am | Book tickets
Adelaide Botanic Garden | 60 mins | $15 | 8-13 years
Make a day of it!
Here are some other ideas while you're in Adelaide Botanic Garden:
- Enjoy a picnic on a lush, shady lawn (then find a lawn to roll down! Outside the Palm House is a great spot).
- Look for ducks and inquisitive turtles in the lake.
- Get spritzed with 'rain' as you meander through the tree-top walk in the Bicentennial Conservatory.
- Watch and listen to the thousands flying foxes in Botanic Park.
- Search for imaginary dinosaurs in atmospheric Murdoch Avenue, which is lined with huge Moreton Bay Fig trees.
- Be an intrepid explorer and trek through the magical, cool Aussie Forest.
- Check out the giant 'bum' fruit or 1000 year old mummy linen in the Santos Museum of Economic Botany.
- Race fallen leaves or petals in the water feature in the Mediterranean Garden, opposite the cafe.
- Grab an ice cream, lunch or cool refreshment in the kiosk, which is nestled in the shade of an old Oak tree
Download a full program here .
The school holiday program is suitable for 5-13 year olds but parents will enjoy the activities too!
Please note that all children must be accompanied by a parent/caregivers at all times.
Tickets are only required for children - parent/caregiver attends FREE.